Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inspiration for a "BIG BOY" room.

Drummer Boy

Serena and Lily





RH Baby and Child


Serena and Lily



Lately, I've been looking for ideas to change things up  for Mr. Monkeypants.  I loved his vintage travel nursery and I picked that theme at the time because I thought it would last him a long time.  It would if he was your average two year old.  He's funny as far as two year olds go.  He has a definite opinion about things and he LOVES music.  Of course, all children like music but he is OBSESSED.  It would probably be a whole other post to tell you all about that.  To give you an idea, I was looking at a music book with him the other day and thinking I would throw him off I pointed at a picture.  "Do you know what that is Shiloh?"  "It's a french horn Mommy!"  Of course it was.  Needless to say, we are looking for some music things for his room decor.  Not as easy of a task as you might think.  Most of the music related decor I've found is more geared for a tween.  Think Rock.  Not what I want for my two year old.  So, I've decided to go with a classic pale blue, chocolate brown and white color scheme for his room.  I can't paint or anything in this horrid rental, but that's a whole other rant, post.  However, I've had great sucess finding vintage children's records I'm not even sure if I'll use them all, but they are CUTE!!!!!!!!  Above are some pics of our inspiration.  Of course, the ispiration items are all over-the-top expensive so we'll have to see what cheap alternatives I can come up with.  Enjoy, and if you have any other ideas, feel free to share!


Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment