Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet Home Chicagoland

A little over a month ago we moved back to the Chicago suburbs.  I couldn't be happier.  My husbands new job relocated him and we spent a few months looking for a home to rent.  Let me just say, the current real estate market is CRAZY!  With so many families loosing their homes the rental market was so aggressive that it took way longer to find something than we thought.  We were looking to move to the Schaumburg area, which is a west suburb and ended up all the way out in St. Charles.  We decided on a longer lease since the market was so crazy, and I have to say, I'm really happy we did.  The thought of moving again makes me break out in hives.  The home we're renting is a vintage farmhouse built over a hundred years ago with fabulous wood floors and built-ins and tons of charm.  The next few months I'll be fixing things up room, by room.  First up will be my 3 year old son's room because he asks me every week when we'll be painting his room.  I'm thinking of using a lot of the vintage travel stuff he previously had in his nursery but punching it up a notch with primary, big boy colors.  I found a ton of inspiration over at Thrifty Decor Chick and if you haven't checked out her blog yet, YOU MUST!  Her son's airplane room can be found here:

 http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2010/05/details-of-airplane-room.html

It is too cute for words! 

I'm happy to be back here, with a more permanent spot we can call home and will be thrilled if you come on this journey with me as I make this house a home.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention! It looks like it's coming along beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete