Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beginning of a Love Affair.....

It all started with this picture, which I first saw in Domino magazine. 

I was smitten. 

Can you love a chair?  I think you surely can if it has so much glamour your sure it will rub off on your entire home.

 Living in the Midwest, I had no idea how hard it would be to find them.  I set out to scour the Internet.  I had no luck, but this image never left my head.

A few years later and some beautiful replicas started popping up.


This chair is available through Jonathan Adler and can be yours for a mere

$450-650 dollars.

Per

chair.

No.

Joke.

Are you still breathing?  I didn't think so.

Ballard Designs has a much more affordable option:



This little beauty is only $249.  Much better, but still, if you need more than one......not really affordable.

After searching,

and searching, I finally found some!

I am a firm believer that you can find what you want at a price you can afford with a little patience and digging. 

 Mine will need a paint job (no problemo, just add it to my list!)

Here they are:



LOVE!

Just.  you.  wait!

They will be TO DIE FOR when this whole living room is painted and finished.

OH, I almost forgot the best part.

The price.

I know, the price is rarely the best part.  When you're a bargain hunting fiend it is!

The pair of vintage Chinese Chippendale chairs......

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

35 BUCK-A-ROOS.

Yep, $35.00 for the pair.

Peel yourself off the floor and keep searching for something you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment