Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More Amazing Goodwill Finds!!!!!

On average, I've been wandering in to my local Goodwill 2 or 3 times a week.  Mostly because I almost always find something useful at an amazing price.  This past week when I was there I happened upon some serving dishes.  Since most of my serving pieces are still in storage I thought I could definitely spare the $2.99 for two large serving plates, a large serving bowl, a small serving bowl and a butter dish.  They were taped together but I could tell they would be really pretty.  White with gold harness detail around the rim.  Really beautiful, and neutral enough to go with almost anything while adding a touch of glam.  You know I love the glam!  Once I got home, I untaped them and begin to prepare them to wash and get them ready for company.  I turned over the butter dish and nearly fainted.  I had un-knowingly purchased Ralph Lauren serving pieces with the tags still on them. 






Are you ready for the run down?  You're going to die. 
Well, hopefully not.....

The butter dish original price................... $40.00
The small bowl..........................................$21.50
Large serving dish.....................................$94.50
Large serving plate..................................$107.00
Large serving plate..................................$107.00
Grand Total............................................$370.00

I mean who in their right mind would pay nearly $400 for 5 serving pieces?  Even if I had that kind of money I have strong feelings about stewardship and being careful about wisely using what God has given you.  Especially, with the vast needs there are in this world.  I better not get on that soapbox, that's a whole other post!

Another great find......I've been wanting a silver water pitcher to use for flowers.

Here's the one I found. 


$2.99!!!  I LOVE her!!!!!!  Won't she be pretty all shined up with some big ole peonies spilling out the top?!!!

Later the same day, I was browsing Amazon for something completely different when I came across this.

FOOTED SILVER PITCHER - SILVER PLATED FOOTED WATER PITCHER

Here's the link......

$89.99 is Amazon's price.  The retail price?  $172.00!!!

Those were some of my great finds from the last week or so.  I have more to share, but that will be a later post.

linking up here:

Happy Hunting!  Go get your thrift on!

2 comments:

  1. Great finds doesn't even begin to describe your recent Goodwill finds. I would have scooped up those RL dishes had I seen them, and the silver pitcher too. Glad you took them home. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete