Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dining Room Idea Round-Up

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to come up with ideas for each room in the home we just moved into.  The dining room started to take shape in my mind.  I found a lot of inspiration in this dining room:


Isn't it gorgeous!!!!?!  It's Emily's dining room over at www.emilyaclark.blogspot.com
You should go over and check it out.  Her home tour is amazing!!  I love this room.  Maybe it's the control freak in me, but I LOVE all the symmetry.  Isn't it just the perfect mix?  Her whole house is this perfect, go check it out, you will be amazed! 

At any rate, the furniture I'm working with is actually very similar to the furniture in this room.  I have a black table , which is one of my favorite things, that we bought last year around Christmas with the Christmas money we got from my sweetheart's parents.


Isn't she pretty?

In addition to the table, I have a bench we use for seating and cane back chairs (which are still in storage, but hopefully will arrive in the next month or so).

I want to paint the walls a soft gray.  A nice neutral for all the fun fabric I want in the room.

Here are the fabulous fabrics......





I've ADORED this fabric for a while.  It's sophisticated without being too stuffy or serious.



I like this one so well, I think it will probably show up in a different color in another room!

Remember this picture?



Of course you do!  The campaign dresser I scored at Goodwill last month (for $6.99!!!) will be painted one of the shades of purple in the first fabric or that lovely yellow.....still trying to decide.  Any thoughts?

I have a lovely black venetian style mirror in storage that would look great over the dresser, but I'm really liking this one as well:


Sooooo pretty!

Still trying to decide on wall art.  I love the botanicals that Emily used in her dining room!  Still on the lookout for something.......

That's the dining room plan!

Happy decorating!

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment