Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Bit Of Progress In The Dining Room

I made a small bit of progress in the dining room.....REALLY small.  Progress is still an accomplishment however and I'm happy with the little bit of headway.  I recovered our bench in one of the fabrics I showed you the other day and I LOVE the way it turned out!  Such a small thing, but it made a big difference.

This is the "before" pic of the bench:


Kind of blah.....

Pay no attention to that toy in the background.

That's how we roll around here.

Here's the after.



Isn't it better!!!!!?

Did you notice the water pitcher I scored at Goodwill with those big, beautiful peonies?
Still love it, so pretty!

Here's another of the bench.



So much better!  Except now, I think I'll paint the frame/legs black so they pop more against that fabric.  Because, you know, I don't have enough projects on the list ;)

In other news, I stayed up late last night making the little Mr. a headboard.  I'm a workin' machine!!  I'm nearing the end of projects for his room, just a few more to go and then I'll be DONE.....with that room anyway.  I'll try to remember to share the headboard saga soon and give you a sneak peak of his room.

Have a blessed weekend all!

~Krista


1 comment:

  1. Love the bench! The fabric is really pretty. I collect antique silver pieces and have found them at thrift shops for amazing prices too. Looking at your blog I think that we could chat all day about "finds". Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete